Friday, March 21, 2014

Spicy Dinner for Spring



Happy Spring!  As we Coloradoans know, this just means we have about 4-6 weeks of the potential for heavy, wet snow.  BUT we also get 70 degree days, so I suppose it all works out in the end.  With the potential for not being able to grill, we still have our standby dinner ideas for the kitchen.  For today’s blog, I thought I would share one of our favorites: Enchilada Chicken Stew.  I initially got this recipe link from a friend, and now I love to read the blog and try other recipes.  Here’s the link: http://paleomg.com/enchilada-chicken-stew/

Things I love about this dish: it’s so easy to prepare.  You basically dump everything into a crockpot and let it cook.  It has a kick to it, and you can control the kick with the heat of the chiles and jalapenos.  An interesting side note: spicy boosts your metabolism.  It also reheats well, if you are lucky enough to have leftovers.  You can make a little salad if you want, putting the chicken over some romaine with sliced tomatoes.

We add some shredded cheddar cheese, because we love cheese.  This makes it not strict paleo, so keep that in mind if you are pursuing that lifestyle.


Enjoy!  And don’t forget, I’ll see you at the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment